Here is the link.
Among the things I noticed from Brian Powers, that I have noticed others who partake in or support those in the Hyper-Charismatic/Neo-Pentecostal circles:
- A complete and utter inability to answer any direct question (here especially regarding the Trinity, his personal sin, etc.), usually going off on another tangent instead.
- A double standard in regards to accusing someone of harping on doctrine (eg., Trinity), while at the same time accusing others of violating Christian doctrine (eg., Charismatic Gifts of the Spirit).
- Almost zero knowledge of church history.
- Claiming that God warned him there would be skeptics (ie., people discerning his teachings).
- Making bold claims that are never backed up.
- A continued argument from accomplishment (eg., "How many signs and wonders you done, we done a lot," etc.).
- Responding to Biblical discernment with great hostility.
- Responding to any exegesis with, "Well, that's your opinion!"
- An understanding of the Bible that contradicts sola scriptura and emphasizes personal experience.
- Divine authority placed upon statements and positions.
- Tries to change the subject into a matter of cessationism versus continuationism.
- Ad hominem attacks (including an accusation that the other person is "religious," "arrogant," having an "argumentative spirit," or a Pharisee), and generally showing great disrespect towards those with contrary opinion.