Thursday, May 30, 2013

How I Affected Wave Church's Blog Combox

How did I affect Wave Church's combox? I essentially helped it cease to exist.

How did this come about? Well, I was reading the post regarding the second day of Wave Church's Daniel Fast, when I saw what I perceived to be an erroneous application of Matthew 21 to try to teach somewhat therapeutic theology. Thankfully, I saved a screenshot of my comment, and I'll post the pic below:


Unfortunately, what I didn't save was a brief conversation I had with one person who responded and said that we "put 2 and 2 together" [sic] and learn that we move the mountains of our life. I responded by pointing out that Christ is talking about a literal mountain here, and that he's simply referring to a mountain to show the disciples that a fig tree is nothing when it comes to deep faith in God. When I went to the blog later on, I saw that not only had the whole conversation been deleted...but that all comments had been disabled for all posts.

As I discussed in my second podcast, Steve Kelly compared offense in Christ to offense in lead pastors, and the idea of even just honestly questioning your lead pastor was seen as the highest sin, one for which God will spit in your face. People have been disciplined or kicked out of Wave Network churches for simply questioning their pastor on a decision or statement. Clearly, what I did here was offend Der Fuehrer...I mean...God's anointed.